Top Five Male Protags of….
- Curran (Kate Daniels series)
- Bones (Night Huntress series)
- Barrons (Fever series)
- Tybalt (Toby Daye series)
- Cal (Cal Leandros series)
- Daemon (Black Jewels Trilogy)
- Saetan (Black Jewels Trilogy)
- Howl (Howl’s Moving Castle)
- Valek (Study series)
- Dreadnought (The Native Star)
- Poe (Secret Society Girl series)
- Etienne (Anna and the French Kiss)
- Cal (Bet Me)
- Roarke (In Death series)
- Kate Daniels (Kate Daniels series)
- Toby Daye (Toby Daye series)
- Mercy Thompson (Mercy Thompson series)
- Mackayla Lane (Fever series)
- Yelena Zaltana (Study series)
- Chasing Redbird by Sharon Creech
Bad book habit?
- Once I start a book I cannot stop reading until I’m done, so don’t try to talk to me.
Do you have an e-reader?
- Nope, and I never will. I need to engage all the senses when I read, and only books can do that.
- One at a time. Especially since I’m unlikely to put it down until I’m done anyway.
Can you read in the car?
- Like a champ.
Favorite place to read?
- In a café with a slight breeze coming in the window, or curled up on my couch.
Do you dog-ear books?
- Heck. No.
Do you write in the margins of books?
- I don’t deface books. End of story.
What makes you love a book?
- When I feel for the characters in my gut.
Favorite reading snack?
- Pumpkin muffin and coffee
Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
- Shakespeare. If so many people love him, it means they understand him, and I must be an idiot.
If you could read in a foreign language, which would you choose?
- Hieroglyphics. But practically, French. Seems romantic, and I can already read a bit of Italian.
What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
- BBC’s Jane Eyre
How often do you skim a book before reading it?
- If by skim you mean read the last page, then every damn time.
Do you like to keep your books organized?
- Only by genre, author…color…
A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
- The Host. Yes, it is Stephanie Meyer. Yes, she uses the same words over and over, and they are all synonyms of beautiful. But after the first 200 pages, that thing sucked me in and spit me out a sobbing, blubbering baby.