10) It’s making whiny men cry on the internet, which is always a plus
9) Really fun special effects. It takes the aesthetic of the original’s ballon models and adds to them using cgi. Same idea and stylization, just a cool to watch.
8) Fun story that updates from the original material. But it does do it’s own thing in parts so you don’t predict everything.
7) Chris Hemsworth is hilarious and his character is a wonderful trope reversal of the dumb blonde secretary/“Token female character”
6) Again, piss babies and fuck boys are getting mad that women are starring in an action film that’s not sexualizing them and that this update is RUinINg tHeiR chILDhOod!1!! It’s worth the admission just to hear them cry harder. And the movie will laugh with you.
5) There are cameos from most of the original cast, which are hilarious, and lots of little easter eggs.
4) Its the first comedy I’ve seen in a while that doesn’t play up the adult humor. Most comedies today are very adult and raunchy. Except for a few lines its all pretty pg. You can take your kids to this movie (and they’d LOVE it)
3) MOTHER FUCKING HOLTZMANN AND TOLAN. Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones are some of the best SNL cast members and I’m so glad they are a part of this because they absolutely shine and steal all the their scenes. And if you don’t walk out of the theater a little gay for Holtzmann, then, bud, you are lying to yourself.
2) A VARIETY. OF WOMEN. FROM DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS. WHO ARE ALL WELL EDUCATED. AND HAVE UNIQUE AND FUN PERSONALITIES. AND NON OF THEM ARE SEXUALIZED.
1) It’s just a blast. Literally the most fun I’ve had in ages.