Booking Through Thursday is a meme created at the blog of the same name that poses a different question about reading each week.
This week’s questions is: But enough about interviewing other people. It’s time I interviewed YOU.
1. What’s your favorite time of day to read?
Anytime that I can get! I prefer to begin in the morning, though, since I’m nearly incapable of starting a book without finishing it that same day.
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)
Although I have a neat widget that’s supposed to enable one-handed reading (I believe it’s called a “Thumb Thing”), I usually prefer to read when I can devote my full attention to the story.
3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)
For breakfast, I prefer cereal, but for lunch I love omelets and oatmeal. French toast is also amazing, but not quite as good for my figure.
4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
If you count purely pleasure reading, I can spend a solid six hours reading a novel. As it is, I spent the majority of my day reading for grad school, which is a tad more tedious.
5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
I definitely read more now than I did ten years ago, but I’ve always been an avid reader.
6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
I feel that I’m a fairly speedy reader. I’ve been known to skip over description exposition and focus on character interactions.
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I’d want fighting skills, a la Buffy.
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
9. What KIND of book?
Urban fantasy, steampunk, historical romance, fairy tale adaptations, and young adult.
10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
I have no idea. While I fully support libraries as a valuable resource (especially in this age when hard copies are less accessible), I need to own my books.
11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)
I’ve had my copy of Bad Times for Ghosts W. J. M. Wippersberg since second grade.
12. Do you read in bed?
Not in the past few years. I have a fabulous reading chair.
13. Do you write in your books?
I don’t deface books. Period.
14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
Try a little bit of everything. You never know what genre will resonate with you.
15. What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask?
“If you had to choose to live within a novel, which would it be?”